Neuroscientists, clinicians, health operators, service users, philosophers, lawyers, social scientists, policymakers, journalists and other citizens: advances in neuroscience involve people from all walks of life.
Fostering a true dialogue among them is what the brains in dialogue (bid) project is about.
Focusing on three scientific areas
- brain imaging,
- brain devices,
- predictive medicine
the bid team is using meetings, media and technologies to:
- communicate the state of the art
- discuss the expectations, benefits and risks of new technologies and therapies
- build constructive discussions on the ethical, legal and social issues
- create novel "dialogue products" which integrate lay and scientific technical knowledge or scientific and community purposes.
With these objectives, the bid project will:
- manage the Neuromedia Corner, a contact point for news, key readings and information about the latest developments in brain science
- organize workshops and events on the three scientific areas
- produce radio and video-web products
is a three year project funded by the European Commission under the Seventh Framework Programme and coordinated by the Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Advances Studies at SISSA
, Trieste, Italy.